The Agricultural Genomics Institute at Shenzhen (AGIS) is one of the 33 national institutes within the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS). Registered and opened in Shenzhen in 2014, it focuses on genomics and big data biology as well as its applications in agriculture, food, and environment.
AGIS hosted a total of 200 faculties and staffs, with three chief scientists in China’s “Project 973”, one selected for the Recruitment Program of Global Experts, five selected for the “10,000 Elites Program”, four recipients of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, nine selected as “National Talents” in Shenzhen and two teams selected as the “Peacock Innovation Team” of Shenzhen. AGIS constructed the largest big data computation platform for agricultural genomics in China as well as sequencing and breeding platforms. Competitive grants, with an estimate value of 200 million RMB, were given to the institute. Moreover, the institute has published more than 100 scientific articles in Cell, Nature, Science, Nature Genetics and other high-impact journals.
AGIS aims to become an international leader of agricultural genomics and an incubator of next generation technology and innovative start-ups. It combines the advantages of both a national institute and a Shenzhen high-tech center. As a national institute, AGIS has stable funding channels and national resources; and as a high-tech center in the Special Economic Zone, it makes use of flexible policy in technology transfer and competitive benefits for promising PIs and young talents.
AGIS is located strategically in the Dapeng District of Shenzhen, a Cold Spring Harbor-like beautiful bay area, and within the Shenzhen International Bio-valley, where life sciences and bio-industries are the priorities. We welcome highly competitive and skilled scientists, technology developers, and innovative entrepreneurs to join us in developing and applying advanced innovations in the fields of agriculture, environment, and food industry. We believe genomics can make our world better.
1. Leading Talents
2. Youth Talents
BENEFITS AND SUPPORT FUNDS
(1) PI can receive research grant of more than 4 million RMB including 3-7.5 million research start-up funds and 1-3 million equipment funds and 1-5 million overseas talent funds;
(2) Provides 60 square meters of office and laboratory space;
(3) Assist in applying for research grant and encourage support for the recruitment of postdoctoral fellows and graduate students.
AGIS provide talents with competitive salary, for details, please consult us.
3. Living Allowance
The selected talents can receive a subsidy of 5.7 -12.0 million RMB inclusive of:
(1) “The Elite Young Scientists Program” of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences: 1 million RMB for home-based compensation;
(2) “Pearl River Talent Plan” of Guangdong Province: 1.5-5.0 million RMB;
(3) “High-level talents at home and abroad in Shenzhen”: 3.2-6.0 million RMB.
1. Bioinformatics, algorithm development, biocomputing
2. Biochemistry and molecular biology
4. Crop genetics and breeding
5. Animal genetics and breeding
7. Plant protection
8. Ecology and environmental science
9. Genomics for food safety
Tel: +86-755-8925 2003
Address: No. 7, Pengfei Road, Dapeng New District, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province, China
Zip code: 518120