If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our missi on is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Post Doctoral Fellow (Human Lung Stem Cells and Regeneration) in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between s mall and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
The lung regeneration team at MedImmune is seeking highly motivated candidates for Postdoctoral positions to study the biology of human airway and alveolar epithelium with the focus on lung stem cells and pathogenesis of lung disease. The successful candidate will study growth factor pathways that regulate lung stem cell self-renewal and differentiation in health and disease, epithelial-mesenchymal and epithelial-immune interactions using patient-derived iPSCs and airway models at the tissue- and single-cell levels.
- Lead and perform range of lab-based experiments including reprogramming human somatic cells into induced pluripotent stem cells, stem cell differe ntiation into disease-relevant cell types, generating 2D and 3D culture models, phenotyping diseased cells with cellular, molecular and functional assays.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently.
- Preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- Oversee the day to day organization of different components of the projects.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the teams who are working on related research questions.
- Publish discoveries in high quality and impact journals.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Ph.D. in the field of Cell biology, Developmental biology, Stem cell biology, Molecular biology or a related Field.
- The knowledge of lung biology, physiology and disease, epithelial and mesenchymal biology.
- Experience in stem cell culture and differentiation.
- Strong cell biology experience in tissue culture techniques, isolation and culture of primary cells and the use of co-culture systems.
- Excellent skills in cellular and molecular biology techniques (Western blot, qRT-PCR, immunostaining, ELISA) and fluorescence imaging.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and in collaborative team environments.
- Experience in imaging and single cell analysis.
- Experience in executing and analyzing multicolor fl ow cytometry.
- Experience with bioreactor culture system.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any ot her characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.