Accepting applications for a Postdoc position in James E. Rothman lab in the SIAIS/School of Life Science at ShanghaiTech University.
We seek highly motivated candidates for a postdoctoral associate position to study the mechanism of spatial and temporal regulation of membrane trafficking and exocytosis in mammalian cells. The candidate will be participating in basic cell biology projects, studying the role of Acyl-CoA Binding Domain containing 3 (ACBD3) in regulating protein secretory pathway and Rab-domain assembly/maintenance. For detailed project description, please visit our website at http://siais.shanghaitech.edu.cn/eng/research4.asp.
The candidate should have strong background in cell biology and biochemistry, and those with prior experience with CRISPR/Cas9 based gene KO/KI and live cell imaging techniques will be given preference. Highly successful postdoc will be given a chance for exchange scholar program with Rothman lab at Yale University School of Medicine.
Qualifications and responsibilities are as following:
1. A Ph.D. in cell biology, biochemistry or related fields is desired and has basic experience in microscopic imaging (e.g. confocal). Under 35 years old.
2. The applicants must have first-author papers in peer-reviewed journals and must be highly motivated with the drive to succeed.
3. The applicants must be able to design and conduct experiments, prepare and present their researches at scientific conference.
4. The applicants are expected to write and edit/revise research manuscripts and be proficient in English communications.
5. We offer internationally competitive salary and benefit for our postdoc associates at ShanghaiTech University.