Research Assistant in Prof. Rui Fan and Prof. Manolis Tsakiris’s Labs, SIST
An excellent opportunity for a creative, adaptable and self-motivated individual, with excellent written and oral proficiency in English and native proficiency in Chinese,to serve in a research assistant position with two non-Chinese professors of international caliber working in the fields of parallel computing and machine learning.
The successful applicant will be tasked are as following.
◦ Be point of contact and liaison between the faculty and government agencies, research institutions, and the university administration.
◦ Assist in the management of research projects, including editing and revising of proposals, reports and presentations.
◦ Manage research budget, including equipment procurement, travel, conferences, etc.
◦ Support the English speaking faculty with written and oral translations between English and Chinese.
Graduate students are available to provide technical background to the applicant on the faculty’s research.
◦ Proficiency in written and oral English.
◦ Native Chinese speaker.
◦ Bachelors degree or higher. A degree in computer science，robotic， automation, computer engineer，electronic engineer, or related fields is preferred.
◦ Knowledge and experience in the Chinese research and academic environment is preferred.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit (all in English) a cover letter, CV, copies of three representative works, and two letters of reference to: email@example.com (cc firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com). We provide a very competitive salary and benefits for this post.
Deadline: September 30th, 2017, or until the position is filled.