The Sugiyama lab at School of Life Science and Technology, ShanghaiTech University is seeking applications from qualified applicants for the post of Research Assistant. Dr. Sugiyama is interested in understanding the functions of nuclear bodies, and studies how nuclear bodies regulate RNA degradation and chromatin dynamics using fission yeast as a model system.
Time will be dedicated to training the technician in current experimental methods. The Laboratory Technician will be involved in carrying out experiments that contribute to publications in international science journals. The Laboratory Technician will also help set up and maintain the general running of the laboratory (ordering equipment, ordering supplies, help monitor the laboratory budget, manage laboratory equipment, interacting with company representatives, help with ShanghaiTech administrative work associated with running laboratory, etc.). For the Laboratory Technician, Dr. Sugiyama guarantees a working environment that will help the Laboratory Technician to expand his or her knowledge in experimental research and to interact with professional colleagues from around the world.
1. Native Chinese speaker
2. Good command of written and oral English
3. Master degree or higher preferred, however outstanding applicants with Bachelor’s degree will also be considered
4. Experience with biochemistry, molecular biology or genetics (preferred, but not required)
Qualified applicants are requested to provide the following items (all written in English):
1. A cover letter describing your interests and professional goals
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Two or three Letters of Recommendation from current and past supervisors
4. Publication List (if applicable)
5. PDFs of three best papers (if applicable)
Applicants interested in this position should send the above documents and direct any questions to Dr. Tomoyasu Sugiyama (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline: until the position is filled.