At the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), creativity and excellence are fundamental to our success. As one of the world's largest philanthropies, HHMI is a major force in advancing biomedical research and science education in the U.S. and beyond.
We are seeking a Web Application Developer with Web-based and Web-enabled application experience to join our Information Technology department at our Headquarters in Chevy Chase, Maryland.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
In addition to the required technical skills, it is imperative that this developer is a team player. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Web Application Development, this individual will be expected to collaborate with a skilled team of developers and provide internal clients will full life-cycle support in the design, development, and implementation of Web-based software components.
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information technology.
- Experience working with and interfacing with other cloud applications and environments such as Workday, Azure, Okta.
- Experience developing using web-based or front-end development frameworks.
- Experience connecting Web applications to a variety of business systems.
- Experience building highly customized Web applications.
- Experience with at least 2 programming languages.
Please include links to source control or websites in your application to showcase your coding experience and skills.