We are looking to appoint an outstanding scientific leader as Vice President of Drug Discovery Research to drive the development of HitGen’s innovative discovery projects at this exciting point in the company’s journey.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary unit (structural biology, medicinal chemistry, in vitro and in vivo biology, process and formulation, etc) of ~90 FTEs to progress innovative discovery projects from target nomination to clinical trials and collaboration licensing;
- Ensure the unit meets the annual business, research and organizational development objectives set by the company;
- Develop research and project portfolio strategy;
- Implement the strategy through effective project management and decision making;
- Build the organization and people for sustainable project delivery and growth;
- Ensure the unit operations meeting the safety and relevant regulations;
- Work with the Business Development team to provide scientific and project support for external collaborations and licensing;
- Provide specific scientific and technical input to projects where needed;
- Establish a network of scientific collaboration partners; and
- Contribute to the company’s overall strategic growth and leadership.
- PhD in Biology, Medicine or closely related fields;
- Expertise and track record in discovery biology, pharmacology, or translational science will be essential;
- Extensive experience in contributing and leading drug discovery projects from target nomination to clinical development will be required;
- More than 15 years’ relevant experience in small molecule drug discovery – experience gained in the research centers of major pharmaceutical , biotechnology companies or leading academic centers will be an advantage;
- Experience in leading large teams will be required;
- Excellent skills in organization, decision-making, and communication;
- Capability to analyze and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (and Mandarin Chinese highly desirable);
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional interactions; and
- Strong commercial awareness will be desirable.
HitGen is a rapidly growing biotech company with headquarters based in Chengdu, China, and a subsidiary in the USA. We have established an industry-leading platform for early-stage drug discovery research centered on DNA encoded chemical libraries (DELs), partnering with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, foundations, and research institutes across the world to discover and develop novel therapeutics of the future.