The Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Helsinki invites applications for the following positions:
1) Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Pharmaceutical Protein Drug Research (Apply by 17 November 2019, 23:59 EET)
2) Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Pharmacometabolomics (Apply by 17 November 2019, 23:59 EET)
3) Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor in Pharmacology and Drug Development (Apply by 3 November 2019, 23:59 EET)
The successful applicant may be appointed to a permanent full professorship or a fixed-term assistant /associate professorship (tenure track), depending on his or her qualifications and career stage.
Further information on the positions and fields, qualification requirements, employee benefits and instructions to apply:
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/networks/finpharma/careers. Please apply by 3 or 17 November depending on the position.
The University of Helsinki is an international scientific community of 40,000 students and researchers. It is one of the leading multidisciplinary research universities in Europe and ranks among the top 100 international universities in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an attractive and diverse workplace in an inspiring environment with a variety of development opportunities and benefits.
Pharmaceutical drug research is a strong field within University of Helsinki’s Life Sciences strategic area and highly ranked internationally. The high scientific level is a prerequisite for new discoveries, urgently needed for translating the findings of basic research into therapeutic applications. The University of Helsinki has created, with the University of Eastern Finland and Åbo Akademi University, FinPharma, a new Finnish Platform for Pharmaceutical Research. FinPharma will renew the pharmaceutical drug research through the novel research areas across the boundaries of traditional pharmaceutical disciplines and nurturing of national and international collaboration.
The Faculty of Pharmacy (http://www.helsinki.fi/pharmacy):
• ranked #47 in the world in the ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2019
• is located on Viikki Campus in Helsinki and provides good access to local and national research infrastructures including biobanks
• has about 200 employees, out of which 15 professors
• has about 800 undergraduate and 160 postgraduate students with well-organized doctoral school programs
• cross-disciplinary Drug Research Program and the Doctoral School of Health Sciences will form the operational framework for this position linking nationally to FinPharma