MAX PLANCK INSTITUTE FOR
(ALBERT EINSTEIN INSTITUTE)
The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the world’s largest research institution dedicated to the general theory of relativity and all its implications. The institute has locations in Potsdam and in Hannover. For our location in Potsdam, we are seeking to fill a permanent position for a
Third-Party Funds Officer / Project Manager (m/f/d)
You will be the contact person and advisor for the scientific departments and research groups at the Potsdam site on all questions related to national and international third-party funding matters. You will also assume project management tasks to support the directors in Potsdam and be the coordinator of the International Max Planck Research Schools at the AEI Potsdam. More specifically:
- Proactively identifying funding opportunities and informing scientists at the Potsdam site about current and possible future funding programs.
- Advising and supporting scientists at the Potsdam site during the application phase for third-party funding.
- Supervising the administration on third-party funding including independent coordination, organization and implementation of workflows.
- Advising and supporting scientists at the Potsdam site during the preparation and submission of scientific projects to the Max Planck Society.
- Advising and supporting the directors and the research group leaders at the Potsdam site in the management of project finances, in particular through regular budget reports. Participation in the monitoring of the institute’s budget.
- Supporting the managing (or deputy managing) director at the Potsdam site in the preparation and follow-up of the AEI board of directors’ meetings.
- Supporting the directors and research group leaders in the management of scientific affairs.
- Coordination of the activities of the International Max Planck Research Schools (IMPRS) at the Potsdam site, including the interactions with the university partners and with the IMPRS at the Hannover site.
- Supporting the directors and research group leaders at the Potsdam site in negotiating consortium agreements, and organizing scientific conferences.
- Communicating with the general administration of the Max-Planck-Society regarding grants, scientist’s appointments and university contracts.
- Completed a university degree (Master or preferably Ph.D.) in the natural sciences, and several years of relevant professional experience, ideally in a responsible position at the interface between research and administration.
- It is preferable if the candidate has already management experience in public-funded research institutions or other non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of national and international research framework programs, funding structures and mechanisms, as well as, third-party funds management and public budget law.
- Experience in scientific work in research institutions and in projects and science management.
- Excellent leadership, personnel management and coaching skills.
- Excellent project management, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent German and English language skills, both written and spoken.
Your personal profile:
You contribute to an efficient implementation of all work processes through precise working methods, paying attention to details, with sense of responsibility and negotiation skills. We expect a friendly and professional behavior, interest in the scientific work of the institute and a strong understanding of the needs of publicly funded research institutions.
We offer you a responsible and multifaceted job in an international working environment, extensive opportunities for further education, and an excellent working atmosphere in a friendly and committed team. Flexible working hours and the compatibility of career and family with the institute’s own childcare facilities are of course an important matter for us. Remuneration and social benefits are based on the public service collective agreement (TVöD), according to qualifications up to pay group 13. The Max-Planck-Society is committed to employing more severely disabled people. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, skin color, origin, religion and ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
For more information about our institute, please visit www.aei.mpg.de. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Head of Administration, Florian Keller, at email@example.com.
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. Please upload your complete application documents combined into a single PDF by July 31, 2021 on our applicant portal:
Please note the data protection information on: https://www.aei.mpg.de/515110/privacy-policy.
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)
Am Mühlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam-Golm, Germany