The Dr. Josef Steiner Cancer Foundation (established in 1985) is proud to announce the call for the 2021 Cancer Research Award
• an innovative investigator early in your career (typically 40 years or less)?
• leading projects in basic and/or clinical cancer research (specifically, the translation of new basic/theoretical insights into clinical applications)?
• able to provide the infrastructure needed to carry out the proposed project?
If this is the case, we invite you to apply for the Award.
THE AWARD INCLUDES
• funding up to the amount of CHF 1’000’000 over 4 years for an outstanding cancer-related research project.
• a personal prize of CHF 50’000 awarded to the successful principal investigator.
Priority will be given to applications from scientists based within European institutions.
The selection process follows a 3-stage procedure:
- First, an outline of the submitted projects will be evaluated. The deadline for submission of the project outline is April 15th, 2020.
- Second, authors of the most promising four to six project outlines will be requested to provide a full research project by September 1st 2020 that will be reviewed by international experts.
- Finally, interviews will be held in Bern, Switzerland, in January 2021.
The announcement of the Award will be made in February 2021. Earliest project start is March 1st, 2021.
The official prize ceremony will take place at the University of Bern in October 2021.
Application forms are available for download at http://www.steinerstiftung.unibe.ch/. Please return the forms together with the requested documents by e-mail as a single PDF document (no scans) to:
Prof. Stephan Rohr, President of the Foundation, Institut für Physiologie, Bühlplatz 5, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland, Tel: +41 631 87 46/11, e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct any administrative queries to:
Ms. Marie-Louise Messerli, Institut für Physiologie, Bühlplatz 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland, Fax: +41 31 631 87 14, email@example.com