The HIT Center for Life Sciences (HCLS) was founded in 2016. As the first special academic zone of Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), HCLS is empowered by unparalleled freedom in research, graduate program, personnel employment and financial flexibility within the university. According to 2019,2020 US News Rankings of Best Global Universities, HIT’s Biology and Biochemistry was ranked in the top ten in China.
HCLS has established state-of-the-art core facilities to enable each PI to freely pursue cutting-edge research of long-term major impact, including Cryo-Electron Microscopy Platform equipped with Krios G3i 300kv and Talo Arctica G2 200kv. Imaging Platform equipped with Super-resolution Laser Confocal Microscope, Laser Confocal microscope, 2-photon Laser confocal Microscope, Fiber Living Laser Confocal Microscope, FACS, Living Imaging System for Small Animals，High resolution ultrasound photoacoustic Imaging System for Small Animals. Mass Spectrometry Platform equipped with Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, FT-ICR MS, MALDI-TOF/TOF MS. Nuclear Magnetic Technology Platform equipped with Bruker Avance 600MHz. SPF Animal Room.
HCLS is seeking outstanding young PIs from all over the world. HCLS offers an internationally competitive start-up package and multidisciplinary innovative environment. The positions are open to all biological disciplines in Neuroscience, Microbiology and Immunology, Biophysics and Structural Biology (esp. Cryo-EM), Metabolomics, Chemical Biology, Nanotechnology and Tissue Engineering, Proteomics, DNA Damage and Repair, Genome Editing and translational research. HCLS is committed to being a world-class fundamental life science research institution.
1. Ph.D. or M.D. degree or equivalent plus postdoctoral experience.
2. Excellent record of research accomplishments.
3. Great potentials in biomedical fields.
1. International competitive salary: 500,000-750,000 CNY (tax included).
2. Sufficient Start-up fund: 10,000,000 CNY (2,000,000 CNY per annum for laboratory personnel, equipment, consumables and reagents as needed. No need to apply for additional funds during the appointment).
3. Better housing security: A temporary furnished apartment (50-70 m2) and settlement allowance (600,000-1,500,000 CNY) will be provided.
4. Spacious Lab space and office space: 150 m^2 or larger.
5. Guaranteed graduate student quota: Each PI will allowed to accept up to 1-2 Ph.D students and 2-3 M.S. students. Postdoctoral and technical personnel can be recruited independently.
6. Advanced education resources: HCLS will assist with arranging daycare or school for child and job for spouse.
7. Solid medical security services: There are Harbin Institute of Technology Hospital and 2 affiliated hospitals to the University which are Heilongjiang Provincial Hospital, Harbin First Hospital.
Note: For candidates with exceptional accomplishment, the package can be negotiable.
The initial appointment for PIs will be 5 years with full funding support from HIT. Permanent position will be obtained upon passing reviews by an international committee.
How to apply
Applications in English as PDF files including a cover letter, a full CV, publication list, three referees and a statement of future research plans should be sent to Prof. Zhiwei Huang (email@example.com), and indicate the “PI application” in the email subject. The application will open until filled.