PGI-11 – JARA-Institut Quanten Information
Area of research:
Scientific / postdoctoral posts
The JARA Institute Quantum Information is a joint initiative of Forschungszentrum Jülich and RWTH Aachen University. Its research focus is on theoretical and experimental research in quantum information science, with the overarching goal of contributing to the realization of large-scale quantum computation. Prominent topics are solid state qubits and quantum error correction.
- You will establish and lead a new experimental research group on solid state quantum computing based at Forschungszentrum Jülich.
- You are expected to conceive and carry out research activities on topics with high relevance for scalability.
- The research program that you will develop should have strong synergies with other local activities and contribute to the long term goal of developing a universal, error corrected quantum processor. Technology-focused approaches and concepts for collaboration with industry are welcome.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent qualification in physics, electrical engineering or a related field.
- Research experience beyond the dissertation is desirable.
- Proof of scientific excellence (e.g., in terms of publications, external funding, patents, scientific awards) and a track record in the field of experimental solid state quantum computing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership potential
- A dynamically growing research environment with a strong focus on solid state quantum computing, ranging from the fundamentals to system development.
- Funding for a group consisting of, e.g., two postdocs, three PhD students and a technician as well as a well-equipped experimental setup. Additional resources can optionally be obtained through third party funding or collaborative internal programs.
- Access to state-of-the-art shared fabrication facilities at the Helmholtz Nano Facility.
- 6 year appointment, continuation after 3 years subject to an intermediate evaluation. The appointment will be made permanent after a positive tenure evaluation in the sixth year. An earlier tenure will be considered for exceptionally qualified candidates. Leadership opportunities and internal funding after tenure are intended but will depend on the performance and development of the field.
- Teaching at RWTH Aachen or another partner university is optional.
- A comprehensive further training programme
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and private life
- Full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Salary and social benefits in conformity with the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD)
For further information on the local research environment and agenda, see www.jara.org/de/forschung/jara-fit/pgi-11 andhttps://www.jara.org/de/forschung/jara-fit/jara-institute/quantum-information-qi Forschungszentrum Jülich aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly welcomes applications from women.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.