General Summary :
- Collaborate within a highly matrixed environment to advance preclinical drug development programs from target identification/validation through nomination of preclinical drug candidates.
- Develop and utilize in vivo/ex vivo assay systems to demonstrate target engagement, establish PK/PD relationship, and assess therapeutic efficacy of lead compounds on inflammatory responses.
Missions and responsibilities :
- Utilize in vivo models to assess therapeutic efficacy of lead compounds on inflammatory responses. This includes establishment of standard and bespoke in vivo/ex-vivo systems to allow PK/PD modeling, demonstrate in vivo target engagement and elucidate mechanisms of action.
- Take leadership roles for assigned projects. Leads cross-functional teams in support of contract related deliverables. Ensure timely delivery of high quality data. Meet budget objectives.
- Design, plan and supervise in vivo experiments.
- Analyze, interpret and report study outcomes to project teams or clients.
- Represents the in vivo pharmacology expertise as a member of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Supports the business development team’s efforts to secure contract opportunities: Promotes immunology and inflammation services and translational models that will help grow customer base and client experience. Participates in preparing integrated drug discovery project proposals.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific and competitive progresses within areas of expertise. Provide scientific input on new molecular targets and scientific due diligence. Present scientific work in conferences and congresses.
- Train, mentor and supervise a team of assistant/associate scientists. Provide skill and career development opportunities to direct reports.
- Collaborate with Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee to ensure compliance with national animal welfare regulations.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives by supporting or integrating Lean project teams
- Participate in maintaining a safe work environment for self and coworkers at all time
Knowledge, skills and abilities :
- In vivo pharmacology background with experience in PK/PD modeling
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process
- Robust knowledge of biology targets, cellular and molecular pathways relevant to immunology and inflammation.
- Thorough knowledge of animal models such as inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, skin fibrosis or rheumatoid arthritis. Hands-on experience with rodent models and ex-vivo analyses using immunoassays, flow cytometry, histology and/or immunohistochemistry techniques.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a multicultural, multidisciplinary and business-oriented environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. * Fluent in English.
- Rigorous, organized, creative and open-minded
Experience and education :
- Degree or PhD level qualification in the field of relevance to immunology/inflammation and/or pharmacology.
- Laboratory animal science diploma (level 1/FELASA A)
- Mininum 2-3 years post-doc or industry experience