General Summary :
- Manage a team of technicians and engineers, and ensure the development of the team and its members.
- Lead the activities of the team (organisation, follow-up, support and scientific advice to team members).
- Manage multiple projects internally or for clients mainly in the DNA repair field.
- Design, schedule, budget and follow up drug discovery projects in oncology and propose innovative approaches.
- Contribute ideas for new drug discovery projects or assess proposals for scientific eligibility and technical feasibility. Translate ideas into research plans.
- Execute your drug discovery project(s) and provide in vitro pharmacology support to others.
- Lead a team that supports the development of internal programs to advance assets from target validation to pre-clinical candidate stages.
- Establish state-of-the-art biochemical and cellular assays to validate therapeutic targets and assess efficacy of small molecule chemical compounds, or perform detailed mechanism of action studies.
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary research teams and at the interface of several departments and sites.
- Ensure compliance of the contractual obligations related to key deliverables/milestones, internal and external resources, budget and timelines, while ensuring high scientific quality.
- Manage the internal and external communication including reporting, manage the relationships with clients in close alinement with Business Development, and Alliance Management when appropriate.
- Contribute to or lead continuous improvement projects, which can benefit from the lean methodology.
- Manage all activities with respect to the applicable Quality and Health & Safety procedures.
Knowledge, skills and abilities :
- Deep understanding of the DNA damage response field is a must.
- Expertise in drug discovery is highly desired.
- Ability to manage a team and projects.
- Ability to work in transverse and multidisciplinary teams.
- Customer oriented and sensitive to deadlines observation.
- Ability to assess project proposals regarding scientific plausibility and technical feasibility.
- Ability to translate ideas into research plans.
- Expertise in a broad range of techniques in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology applied to target validation, screening and pharmacology.
- Experience in a broad range of cell-based assays and particularly systematic assay development skills are expected.
- Expertise in developing biochemical in vitro enzymatic assays would be appreciated.
Experience and education :
- PhD degree in Biology or equivalent with focus in oncology
- 3-5 years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or in applied research in academia
Other information : Good command of French and English is mandatory