At Aelian Biotechnology, we combine two of the most powerful technologies in modern biology, CRISPR screening and single-cell sequencing, to identify critical genes and pathways driving disease states or provide unique insights into the mechanism of action of drugs. Our company culture is fast-paced and collaborative with a strong commitment to excellent science. We are looking for people who are passionate about our mission and who genuinely care about delivering superior scientific work.
Currently, we are looking for one Team Leader (m/f) with experience in:
- Molecular biology, particularly PCR, Gibson Assembly and advanced library cloning strategies
- CRISPR screening as unbiased discovery tool (including CRISPRa/i)
- Genome engineering using CRISPR/Cas9
- Knowledge and practical experience in stem cell biology (human iPS cells) or immunology (primary human T cells) is beneficial
To be formally eligible, you should have completed a PhD in Life Sciences, followed by a productive postdoctoral stay or a first job in industry. In addition:
- You have hands-on experience in managing scientific projects within a given timeframe
- You are a creative thinker and enjoy developing technology
- You are a team player and are willing to lead a team of Junior Scientists
- You have attention to detail, communication skills and organizational skills
Good knowledge on MS Word and Excel is a prerequisite for your daily work. As Aelian Biotechnology operates in an international environment, excellent English skills are required.
The minimal monthly salary according to the collective bargaining agreement amounts to 3.900 EUR, but a higher salary is possible depending on the experience and fit of the candidate.
If you would like to be part of a young and exciting company, please send your application to Dr. Tilmann Buerckstuemmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than February 15, 2020.