Target Validation Scientist
Salary: Dependent upon experience + benefits
Contract: Permanent, full time
Early application is strongly advised as we will be closing to further applications once we have enough candidates to move forward to interview.
We collaborate with academic researchers on novel antibody discovery projects to accelerate delivery of therapies and diagnostics for cancer patients.
Why we need you
Our standalone laboratory brings together Cancer Research UK’s cancer biology expertise with the world-class antibody engineering technology of AstraZeneca, to support antibody discovery. We are looking for an enthusiastic and tenacious target validation scientist to join our multidisciplinary team to help accelerate the delivery of potential novel therapeutics and diagnostics into our portfolio.
You can read more about our alliance with AstraZeneca here: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/funding-for-researchers/our-research-infrastructure/cruk-medimmune-alliance-laboratory
What will I be doing?
Make an impact every day by:
- Design, perform and interpret experimental work packages supporting validation and disease positioning of novel drug targets
- Perform informatics screens to support target validation and disease positioning
- Build relationships with laboratories in the Alliance and CRO’s to deliver data packages informing decision making around potential drug targets
- Communicate effectively, interpret and summarise data and present them to different audiences
- Initiate, build and manage effective working relationships with other laboratory members, CRUK-funded Principal Investigators, AstraZeneca scientists and CRUK Therapeutic Discovery Lab scientists
To view a full job description please click here.
What skills are you looking for?
You’ll be able to bring to the role:
- PhD in a biological science
- Relevant post-doctoral/lab experience in a drug discovery environment
- Wide ranging expertise in cell and molecular biology techniques to support target validation studies (i.e. RNAi, CRISPR etc)
- Extensive knowledge and technical know how in mammalian tissue culture
- Experience in an immunology/immuno-oncology field is desirable but not essential
- A top level understanding of therapeutic antibody generation and the development of antibodies as therapeutic drugs would be advantageous
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn’t be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, childcare vouchers and much more. You’ll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately you’ll know that you’ll be changing lives through your work.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Please submit your CV and cover letter through our careers pages.
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park