The MAX DELBRÜCK CENTER FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (MDC) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, supported by the Federal Government of Germany and the Senate of Berlin. It is dedicated to interdisciplinary research in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Cancer and Function of Dysfunction of the Nervous System. Additionally the MDC has launched a Systems Biology program, the Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology (BIMSB), to integrate systems approaches, ‘omics’-technologies and computational focus and to address gene regulatory mechanisms and their role in health and disease.
For: Systems Biology of Gene Regulatory Elements
we are looking for one TA position for organoids platform.
For the Rajewsky lab “Systems Biology of Gene Regulatory Elements” and its newly established organoids platform we are seeking a highly motivated, reliable and well-organized TA with several years of professional experience in the iPSC/stem cell field.
Successful candidates will be reponsible for:
- cultivation of iPSC lines of pluripotent stem cells and their karyotyping
- neuronal differentiation and their characterization using histological staining
- brain organoids culture and their characterization using histological staining, real-time PCR/Nanostring and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), single cell analysis
- several years of experience in the iPSC/stem cell field
- handling of iPSC culture and their characterization including maintenance of iPSC lines, characterization using FACS, IF and PCR, genetic integrity test (karyotyping), microbial contamination test (mycoplasma text)
- standard molecular biology/cloning techniques and methods for transient and stable gene transfer
- neuronal/microglia differentiation protocols
- CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing- immunohistochemistry or/and in situ hybridization
- single cell sequencing (Dropseq) will be a plus
- very good oral and written communication skills in English and German
- enthusiasm and good teamwork skills
This position will be funded according to German TVöD (Bund) up to 9b based on experience, qualifications and tasks.
August, 31 2019
as soon as possible
2 years with the option to extend the contract (max 5 years)
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number 11130/2019 preferably by e-mail to email@example.com as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.
August, 31 2019