The Faculty of Science at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) invites applicants for several new positions on associate and full professor level in STEM-education and science communication. The positions are key components in a larger initiative to build up a cross-departmental research group with expertise needed for the following activities: a) to continue training of future high school/gymnasium teachers and communicators in natural sciences; b) to support and collaborate with the regional university colleges within STEM initiatives; and c) to strengthen the collaboration between the Faculty of Science and other faculties at SDU within STEM education.
Our new colleagues will be responsible for:
- teaching and supervision on all levels from BSc to PhD in STEM-education and/or science communication as well as assisting in shaping the future educational profiles within these areas at the faculty
- active research and research dissemination corresponding to associate or full professor level
- developing and supporting ongoing initiatives within science didactics and/or science communication in which the faculty is involved
- together with other faculty members or collaborators from other faculties, university colleges or similar, devising new projects within STEM-education and/or science communication and bring home third-party funding for such projects
- supporting the dialogue with new external collaborators and funding bodies.
We are inviting applicants on the levels of both associate and full professor, and the applicants are asked to state in their letter of application on which level they wish to apply.
We expect a successful candidate to hold a PhD and have research experience on associate or full professor level within STEM-education or science communication on university or university college level. While the research group will be cross-departmental, each candidate will be affiliated with the department that best fits with their background and research interests.
For a hiring at the level of associate professor, applicants are expected to have a strong research track record of more than four years after their PhD, and to have demonstrated the ability to direct independent research projects and obtain external funding. In addition, applicants are expected to have substantial experience in teaching and supervision at all levels.
For hiring on the level of full professor, applicants are in addition to the above also expected to have experience as research leaders and to have the ability to contribute with support and direction for the strategic development of the research field within the faculty.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Danish is not a prerequisite for application. However, the primary administrative language at SDU is Danish and our new colleagues should therefore be willing to acquire Danish skills within a couple of years.
Deadline: 16 March 2020.
Please read the full call, including how to apply, on www.sdu.dk.