Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
We are seeking a highly motivated human quantitative geneticist to work on therapeutic target discovery. The successful candidate will analyze publicly-available and large-scale human genetic data-sets (e.g. biobank genotyping array and exome data) to identify disease risk variants with large effect and sufficient population prevalence.
- PhD in human quantitative or population genetics
- Solid knowledge of statistics
- Proven experience with large-scale data analysis
- Advanced knowledge of R and PLINK
- Robust publication track record
- Basic understanding of human disease biology
Preferred But Optional Qualifications:
- Postdoctoral research experience
- Experience in the therapeutics industry
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth.
- Leading role in developing the future of genomic analysis and therapy.
- A bright, collegial, highly-motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deep Genomics welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.