Your new role:Are you passionate about the importance of reproducibility in science? If so, we may have the perfect job for you.
We are looking for an Assistant Editor to join the Cell Press team that will develop an innovative new offering to help scientists across a broad range of disciplines communicate their experimental methods to their colleagues. We are looking for a scientist with experience in experience in any discipline covered by Cell Press and with a passion for making it easy for scientists to publish their work in effective ways. This job offers an opportunity to help define, shape, and develop STAR Protocols to be a scientific and commercial success.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Lead Editor to define and build an innovative way to present experimental protocols.
- Building effective working relationships with colleagues across Cell Press and beyond
- Representing STAR Protocols and Cell Press at scientific meetings
- Leading networking and outreach in the scientific community
- Coordinating review and publication of submissions
As a scientific editor, you will also travel to scientific conferences and research institutions to directly engage with scientists and to keep abreast of recent research developments. You will also have the opportunity to be a stakeholder in innovative Cell Press initiatives that shape the future of science communication.
This is a full-time editorial position based in our main office in Cambridge, MA.
What you should bring:
- Broad scientific interests and a passion for helping scientists publish their work.
- A good understanding of digital communication, publishing trends, and the opportunities that technology provides to improve scientific publishing.
- Creativity, willingness to experiment, and desire to improve.
- Enthusiasm for working with people. Collaboration and networking are core aspects of the job.
- A dynamic, results-oriented approach to goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize, focus, and achieve desired goals.
- A PhD or other relevant doctoral degree.
What we offer:
Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment that encourages innovation. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills and knowledge could contribute the success of STAR Protocols .
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. A pre-employment screening will be part of our recruitment procedure.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray’s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.