IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life sciences, the physical sciences, and mathematics and computer science, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna.
We are looking for an Animal Behavior Staff Scientist who is interested in the field of neuroscience and life sciences. Staff Scientists at IST Austria pursue research projects together with professors, serving as collaborators with expertise normally not present within research groups. The staff scientist will be associated with the Pre-Clinical Facility.
- Develop rodent behavioral assays
- Perform data analysis
- Develop and create new platforms for behavioral studies
- Implement customized methods for data acquisition and processing
- Design and perform optogenetic behavioral studies
- Train members of research groups to perform optogenetics and behavioral tests
- PhD in neuroscience
- Research experience in all above mentioned areas
- Coding skills
- Excellent command of English
- Service-oriented attitude
- Team player with outstanding communication skills
IST Austria offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization:
- Supports learning and development
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
To apply for this position please submit your application online at https://apply.app.ist.ac.at
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 60,000 gross/year, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. The position is limited to five years, with the possibility of extension.