At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we provide state-of-the-art technologies, extraordinary support and a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment. The Department of Hematology is seeking a Sr. Scientist to direct the Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Core Facility in their department. The Facility uses human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) cell lines to model normal human hematopoiesis and blood diseases, including bone marrow failure syndromes and leukemia. Services and expertise include maintaining current iPSC lines, manipulating iPSC genomes via DNA editing methods and differentiating iPSCs into blood lineages. The Sr. Scientist will assist Dr. Crispino, the Director of the Division of Experimental Hematology with long-term planning in collaboration with research faculty. In this role you will oversee facility operations and personnel, participate in collaborative research projects with St. Jude Investigators, consult with research faculty on current and future service needs, and pursue independent research in the area of iPSC biology and hematopoiesis.
- Experience in maintenance of iPSCs cultures.
- Experience with hematopoietic differentiation.
- Laboratory management/supervision.
- Knowledge of viral vector production, purification, and quality control, preferably for both AAV and lentiviral vectors.
- Ability to display creative skills for protocol and technological development.
- Familiarity with a variety of relevant software applications, including those used for analysis of data generated by flow cytometry, gel electrophoresis imaging, real-time quantitative PCR, and other apparatus used during production and QC of viral vectors.
- Strong communications skills.
- Analytical ability to understand statistical data and interpret results.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Ten (10) years relevant post-degree work experience is required.
- Eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Master’s degree.
- Six (6) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD.
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.