Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what’s possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Sr Scientific Researcher, Next Generation Sequencing Lab
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientific Researcher to join the Next Generation Sequencing group at Genentech. The candidate will work in the cutting edge, high-throughput NGS lab which provides support for NGS technology to gRED and develops new genomics applications. In particular, the candidate will be involved in all aspects of NGS workflow including sample preparation, library generation, sequencing and data generation for numerous applications (e.g. WGS, exome, RNA-seq, Amplicon, ATAC-seq, single cell sequencing, etc.). The candidate will also be involved in assessment and testing of new protocols as well as process improvement through the use of automation. In addition, the candidate will be supporting the development of new and emerging technologies and sequencing platforms for efficient large-scale, high-throughput genomics. As a member of the NGS group, the candidate will participate in multidisciplinary effort towards advancing Genentech’s drug discovery and development.
Who you are
As a strong candidate, you will have:
• A BS/MS/PhD in Molecular Biology or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of industry and/or academic hands-on lab experience is essential.
• The candidate must have a strong background in molecular biology and/or genomics.
• Expertise in assay development, knowledge of sample preparation methods and considerable experience in NGS technology is required.
• Experience with emerging NGS technologies and applications, such as long-read sequencing platforms, single cell RNA-seq and immune receptor repertoire profiling, is highly desired.
• The successful candidate should have a passion for applying technological innovation to support cutting-edge scientific research and provide outstanding service to Genentech staff.
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and work with multidisciplinary teams is essential.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.