The Senior Researcher
- Utilizes an established skill set in electron microscopy and histology (tissue processing, resin embedding, ultramicrotomy, & electron microscopy) to assist St. Jude researchers (principal investigators, research staff, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate students) in achieving the results needed to advance their research goals.
- Performs basic workflows and experiments without direct supervision and advanced and specialized workflows with some direct supervision.
- Works to further develop electron microscopy skill sets (serial sectioning, low temperature and microwave processing protocols, advanced microscopy techniques). Participates in the development of procedures and participates in the publication of research results and may manages or be responsible for various laboratory operations. Pursues advanced knowledge in sophisticated methodology in the electron microscopy field.
- Performs other related duties as needed to successfully execute research projects and meet the goals and objectives of the department.
This position requires experience in preparing and imaging biological samples by electron microscopy.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Two (2) years of relevant, post-degree work experience is required.
- No experience is required with a Master’s degree.
No Search Firms:St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude