“I want to fit in and stand out”
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland and employs approximately 800 people. It consists of four major research institutes: Health Sciences, Material Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences and Packaging Sciences. Nestlé Research combines fundamental science at the highest level, high-end analytical platforms leveraged by all research teams, and strong prototyping capabilities to accelerate the translation of science into innovation. Nestlé Research published around 1,000 scientific publications in peer review journals over the last five years, and files about 80 patents every year. Nestlé Research collaborates with approximately 100 universities or research institutes around the world. Learn more about Nestlé Research at www.nestle.com/randd.
As Specialist in Cognitive Psychology/Neuropsychology, you will conceive and lead highly collaborative research projects to identify and substantiate nutritional interventions supporting brain functions and healthy aging.
- Integrate scientific knowledge with business, intellectual property, and regulatory needs to identify research directions relevant to product innovation
- Lead the design, implementation and interpretation of human studies leading to validation of nutritional interventions for brain health
- Work closely and efficiently with our Clinical Development Unit
- Contribute to scientific communication material, patents, and peer-reviewed publications
- Proactively reach out and collaborate with relevant experts within and between Nestlé research sites as well as external partners to accelerate the conception and execution of research projects
- Effectively manage research activities, collaborations, business stakeholders and resources to deliver milestones on time
- PhD in psychology (e.g. experimental or clinical) or neuropsychology
- 3+ years of research experience after doctoral degree
- Extensive experience designing, running and interpreting human observation and intervention studies, ideally in a nutrition context
- Highly innovative scientific thinking as demonstrated by high impact publications
- Comprehensive experience assessing psychological functioning, cognition and emotions, by means of cognitive, behavioral, and neuroimaging methods
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in brain physiology, metabolism and health
- Experience working with neurobiologists on multi-disciplinary studies would be a strong asset
- Expertise in applying and analyzing state-of-the-art brain imaging techniques (MRI, PET, MRS, EEG etc.) to study cognition and brain functioning in humans would be a strong asset
- Expertise in nutrition and nutritional interventions would be an asset
- Fluent in English
Show us your Good interpersonal communication skills and your ability to impact and convince others.
Your openness and flexibility, is what will set you apart. If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you! Apply in English at https://jobs.nestle.com/en/home
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 91.4 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2018. It is present in 190 countries around the world, has 413 factories and its 308,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.