For our location in Ludwigshafen, Germany we are looking for a
Senior Scientist (m/f/d) Computational Chemistry
- The focus of your role will be to provide computational chemistry support for neuroscience drug discovery projects from exploratory to lead and clinical candidate stage.
- You will develop design hypotheses and efficiently and pro-actively apply state-of-the-art computer-aided molecular design methods to neuroscience drug discovery.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary project team you will use hypothesis-driven computer-aided molecular design to solve medicinal chemistry problems applying current best practice in molecular modeling.
- You will play an essential role in data extraction and analysis, the design of focused compound collections, prioritization of compounds for synthesis and computational chemistry method development.
- You will collaborate with local and global chemistry functions and cross-functionally with other disciplines to advance projects.
- PhD in computational chemistry, theoretical chemistry, structural biology or a related field and more than two years of relevant experience in an industry setting in computer-aided drug design with basic knowledge of medicinal chemistry.
- Expert knowledge in 3D molecular design and modeling including experience in most of the following areas: protein structural modeling, ligand-based and structure-based design, molecular docking and virtual screening, fragment-based design, molecular dynamics simulation, quantum methods, pharmacophore modeling, and predictive modeling.
- Proficient in using state-of-the-art modeling software (e. g. Schrödinger, MOE, CCDC) and familiar in automating workflows using Python and pipelining tools (e. g. KNIME, Pipeline Pilot); familiarity with Linux and HPC environments.
- Global team player skilled at articulating clear scientific hypotheses and at working effectively across disciplines.
- Comfortable communicating and presenting your day-to-day work in English. German is a bonus.
WE OFFER YOU
- A fantastic opportunity to work in a world-class team.
- A mentor who will assist you as coach and contact person.
- A supportive environment that allows you to focus on your role and tailor your work to your individual needs, including flexible work models, multiple benefits, and comprehensive health and sports programs.
- Attractive compensation and company benefits, including our excellent occupational health management system, which is one of the best in Germany.
We are looking forward to your online application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.