Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is actively seeking a Senior Scientist in Microbiome Sciences (akin to Assoc. or Full Professor) to join our team.
As a Senior Scientist in Microbiome Sciences you will be part of the Biological Systems Science Group within the Biological Sciences Division. You will bring an established and vigorous independent research program in microbiome sciences (broadly defined) to the highly collaborative environment of PNNL. You will strengthen our research program and contribute to emerging and established research programs in environmental and host-associated microbiome sciences. You will also contribute to establishing new research directions and strategies in the microbiome sciences for the group.
· BS/BA with 7 years of experience, MS/MA with 5 years of experience, or PhD with 3 years of experience.
- PhD in microbiology, microbial ecology, molecular biology or related field. 8+ years of experience.
- Skilled professional who can independently apply, on a broad basis, existing theories, principles, and concepts within the field microbiome sciences.
- An established Principal Investigator (PI).
- A sustained track record of disseminating research through peer-reviewed publications, invited presentations, etc.
- A sustained track record of independent research funding.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both independently as well as in interdisciplinary group settings with internal and external collaborators.
- Skills consistent with the state of the art.