Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is actively seeking a Senior Scientist in Chemical Biology (akin to Assoc. or Full Professor) to join our team.
As a Senior Scientist in Chemical Biology you will be part of the Biological Systems Science Group within the Biological Sciences Division. You will bring an established and vigorous independent research program in chemical biology (broadly defined) to the highly collaborative environment of PNNL. You will strengthen our program in chemical biology and contribute to emerging and established research programs in microbiome sciences, structural biology, protein biochemistry, synthetic biology, exposure sciences, or other relevant research fields. You will also have the opportunity to provide scientific mentorship to scientists in the group and contribute to establishing new research directions.
If you have experience in chemical biology, synthetic chemistry, chemoproteomics, microbiology, structural biology, protein biochemistry, or a related discipline with a strong record of independent, creative accomplishments with a sense of collaboration, then this may be the position for you!
· BS/BA with 7 years of experience, MS/MA with 5 years of experience, or PhD with 3 years of experience.
- PhD in chemical biology, chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology, organic chemistry, or related field. 8+ years of experience.
- Skilled professional who can independently apply, on a broad basis, existing theories, principles, and concepts within the field of chemical biology.
- An established Principal Investigator (PI).
- A sustained track record of disseminating research through peer-reviewed publications, invited presentations, etc.
- A sustained track record of independent research funding.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work both independently as well as in interdisciplinary group settings with internal and external collaborators.
- Skills consistent with the state of the art.