Senior Scientist – Bioinformatics & Biostatistics
Deep Genomics is a Toronto-based startup company that is building an AI-powered discovery and development platform to significantly expand the universe of medicines available for genetically-defined diseases. Founded in 2015, Deep Genomics brings together a multidisciplinary team of world-leading experts in machine learning, genomics, chemistry, and biology. Together we are on a mission to rapidly discover and develop oligonucleotide drugs for the treatment of patients with severe disorders of the liver, central nervous system, and eye.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in both bioinformatics and biostatistics, and solid programming skills. The successful candidate will take on tasks including re-analysis of publicly-available and large-scale genetics datasets, such as the UK BioBank exomes, with the support of other team members (e.g. software engineers, statistical geneticists, machine learning scientists), to reveal novel targets for therapeutic development. The ideal candidate has a good understanding of human genetics, statistics and bioinformatics pipelines.
- MSc or PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics or related fields.
- Advanced understanding of human genetics.
- Solid knowledge of Python or R, and Unix shell.
- Familiarity with plink or other software tools for statistical genetics analysis.
- Familiarity with high performance computing environments.
- 4 year post-graduate experience (academic or industrial).
- Solid publication record.
Preferred But Optional Qualifications:
- Direct experience with UK BioBank, One Million Veteran Project, TopMed or other large-scale human genetics datasets.
- Prior experience in novel target identification using human genetics data.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation.
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth.
- Leading role in developing the future of genomic analysis and therapy.
- A bright, collegial, highly-motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
Deep Genomics thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.