This is an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Researcher to join the laboratory of Dr. Lu Wang, MD, PhD, at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The Wang laboratory studies genetic/genomic and epigenetic changes of rare tumors with poorly understood genetics using high-resolution, genome-wide approaches such as whole genome sequencing, whole transcriptome sequencing, methylation array, etc., with an emphasis on clinical translation of potential diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets; and addresses questions in tumorigenesis of recurrent genetic aberrations using in vitro and in vivo experimental approaches.
To succeed in this position, you should have a demonstrated proficiency in basic molecular and cell biology techniques such as DNA/RNA/protein extraction, PCR-based techniques, cell culture, cell transfection, as well as skills in generating and maintaining preclinical models. Experience in NGS library preparation and sequencing data review as well as FACS is highly desired. Previous experience in CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing and iPSCs culture is preferred for exceptional applicants.
- Performs laboratory experiments independently or together with other research staff.
- Accurately records experimental procedures and data.
- Maintains lab supplies and provides technical assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant scientific area is required.
- Two (2) years of relevant, post-degree work experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree
- No experience is required with a Master’s degree.
As of September 10, 2021, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious accommodation, as a condition of employment.
EEO Statement: St. Jude is an Equal Opportunity Employer