Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
The GES Core is seeking a highly motivated and successful individual with a background in molecular biology and cell culture. Main responsibilities include: carrying out molecular biology assays in the lab in support of the GES (CRISPR/RNAi) Core, cloning of individual shRNAs/sgRNAs, sub-cloning pre-existing shRNA libraries and pooled libraries into appropriate expression vectors, working on improvements in vector design, and analysis of Hiseq data. More information about the GES Core can be found here: https://www.mskcc.org/research-advantage/core-facilities/rnai-core
The ideal candidate should have:
• BS/BA in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry, Ph.D. preferred; Degree may be substituted with a similar degree in Biomedical Sciences or Biology
• Minimum of two years experience in a biological wet bench laboratory
• M.Sc. degree a plus
• CRISPR Cas9 or RNAi experience a plus
• Familiarity with laboratory safety procedures and handling of chemical agents
• Excellent oral and written communication abilities
• Superior organizational skills and highly detail-oriented in carrying out assignments
• Ability to multi-task and to work either independently or as a contributing team member in a complex research institution/ clinical environment
• Experience with computational analysis/visualization programs (e.g., Knime, Spotfire, Access, FilemakerPro) and statistical packages a plus.
Please send CV, a letter outlining your interest and names/contact information of three references via email to:
Ralph Garippa, Ph.D.
Director, GES Core
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.