Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, and inflammation. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Our site in Goettingen, Germany, has many years of expertise in the development of innovative therapeutics in areas including metabolic, retinal, muscle and kidney disease. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated
Senior Research Scientist (m/f/d) – Metabolic Disease & Women’s Health
(full-time and permanent position)
who will make substantial contributions to new drug target validation and drug discovery in the area of the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).
Your key responsibilities
- Within the framework of a new multi-year alliance with a big pharmaceutical industry partner, you will explore the interface of metabolic disease and women’s health to evaluate and validate new drug targets relevant to counter act the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- With the aim to generate preclinical development candidates, you will lead project teams in a cross-functional manner to bring successfully validated targets forward into drug discovery projects
- You provide scientific knowledge in metabolic disease and women’s health area
- You plan, organize, and supervise the work of scientists and technical staff as well as train and support them in their career development
- A PhD degree or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or another relevant field
- Several years of experience in metabolic disease and/or women’s health as well as drug discovery experience, preferably in pharma or biotech context
- Express high energy and personal dynamism as well as the competency to significantly contribute to important research projects
- High degree of initiative and flexibility, with the ability to deliver results under challenging timelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, collaborators and customers
- Fluency in English is required
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
To apply, please click on the “Apply” button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are curious to getting to know you and are looking forward to your application.