The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) an
Senior Research Scientist / Assistant Professor of Software Debugging and Code Search (m/f)
The successful candidate will conduct research and technology transfer in the area of Computer Science, specifically Secure and Reliable Software engineering with a focus on Software Patching (i.e., Debugging and Vulnerability management) and Code Search (i.e., localization and mining). The candidate should have the potential to build/lead a research team within the Serval Research Group at SnT. The Research Group conducts research in close collaboration with the industry/government partners and is engaged in a number of European/International projects. The candidate will contribute to the definition, acquisition, and management of research projects together with other faculty or as a principal investigator. The candidate will carry a leading role in the area of Software debugging and Code Search. With respect to industry partnerships, the candidate will be responsible for the group’s partnership project portfolio with BGL BNP Paribas on explainable machine learning models for the developed software. The candidate will ensure continuity in the laboratory/experimental research activities. In particular he will further the agenda of the Serval team for contributing to the sustainability of SnT as well as its influence and visibility beyond Luxembourg and Europe, notably in emerging countries, for attracting new talents.
The mission is to:
- Acquire, manage and contribute to research, innovations, and technology transfer activities with private and public partners.
- Disseminate scientific results in top conferences/journals.
- Independently supervise PhD candidates and junior research associates.
- Prepare and contribute to European and National research proposals to sustain the group’s strategic research.
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Yves Le Traon and the team members of Serval. This will require contributing to research, innovations, technology transfer, and management activities. English is the working language of this international laboratory.
- PhD in Computer Science with a focus on Software engineering or Operating systems
- Research experience beyond postdoctoral level
- Documented research expertise in Empirical Software Engineering, Program Repair and Secure Mobile Software Engineering as well as experience in the following topics:
- Malware detection/App Repackaging analysis
- Code/Fix Pattern mining and code search
- Information Retrieval-based bug localization
- Time series analysis and software analytics
- Publications appearing in top-tier conferences and journals.
- Experience in bilateral collaborative research with industry.
- Experience in technology transfer validating research outcomes in realistic environments.
- Track record in research project acquisition and/or entrepreneurship experience.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
- A motivating and interesting position within an international research environment
- Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in English by sending your CV, motivation letter, copies of diplomas, list of publications, list of research projects and a list of taught courses.
Deadline for applications: 10 May 2019