The successful candidate will conduct research and technology transfer in the area of Computer Science, specifically focusing on connected and automated vehicles (i.e., vehicular networks, cooperative driving and machine learning). The candidate should have the potential to lead the activities of a transversal research laboratory focusing on smart mobility research and part of the SEDAN Research Group at SnT. The successful candidate will lead a team of researchers and work in close collaboration with the industrial and governmental partners. He or she will contribute to the definition, acquisition, and management of National, European and industrial research projects together with other faculty or as a principal investigator. The candidate is expected to take a leading role in developing the teams partnership project portfolio. The candidate will ensure continuity in the laboratory/experimental research activities. In particular, he or she will contribute to the strategic research agenda of the SEDAN team and to the sustainability of SnT.
The mission is to:
• Acquire, manage and contribute to research, innovations, and technology transfer activities with private and public partners
• Disseminate scientific results in top conferences/journals
• Independently supervise PhD candidates and junior research associates
• Prepare and contribute to European and National research proposals to sustain the group’s strategic research
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Radu State and the team members of the SEDAN research group. This will require contributing to research, innovations, technology transfer, and management activities. English is the working language of this international laboratory.
• PhD in Computer Science with a focus on Vehicular Communications
• Research experience beyond postdoctoral level
• Documented research expertise in Vehicular Networks and Data analytics applied to Intelligent Transportation Systems, and more specifically experience in the following topics:
- ITS-G5 and 4G/5G Communication systems for vehicular networks
- Vehicle Environment Perception
- Mobility Modelling for urban transportation
- Data Analytics for urban transportation.
• Publications appearing in top-tier conferences and journals
• Experience in bilateral collaborative research with industry
• Experience in technology transfer validating research outcomes in realistic environments
• Track-record in research project acquisition and/or entrepreneurship experience
• The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and in either French or German. The University encourages it staff to learn the other language and provides access to language courses to this end
• A motivating and interesting position within an international research environment
• Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in English by sending your CV, motivation letter, copies of diplomas, list of publications, list of research projects and a list of taught courses.
Deadline for applications: 16 December 2019.