The Gillies McIndoe Research Institute is a world class research centre in Wellington, New Zealand, which has been internationally recognised for their findings. The organisation is growing and has created an opportunity for a Senior Research Fellow to operate as a Principal Investigator within their small but skilled team. This role is for a five year fixed term contract.
This role will be a focus on stem cell research and its relation to cancer. You will be actively leading and contributing to projects and working closely with the Director, another Senior Research Fellow, a Post-Doctoral Fellow and a team of dedicated Research Technicians.
This position will see you operate in a state of the art laboratory and enjoys strong networks with health providers. You will be provided with an expenses allowance for necessary consumables.
We are seeking a candidate with the following:
- A PhD in Biomedical Sciences
- Either a scientific or medical background will be considered
- 5+ years post PhD experience including 2-3 Post-Doctoral Placements
- Experience in human related stem cell work
- Experience with cancer research
- A proactive person who takes pride in their work
- A positive, energetic and ‘can do’ attitude
This role is based in the beautiful harbour city of Wellington and offers a great career move. Although a fixed term role the GMRI would hope that if there is mutual interest this role would continue past the initial five years.
Applications will be received and screened by Forté Recruitment. Please contact Sophie Clarke, Senior Recruitment Advisor for further details
www.forterecruitment.co.nz/contact/ +64 4 901 6444