The Senior Research Assistant (SRA) will run the small animal MRI scanner, collect data, back up data, order supplies for the daily imaging experiments, assist the Director with working with vendors to ensure proper maintenance of the instrument and interface with users, and assist the Director of the Small Animal MRI with coordinating the imaging schedule. Will also administer MRI contrast agents through IV infusions, effectively monitoring anesthesia response and recovery, and keeping the MRI area clean and void of contaminants. The SRA will work with the Director and the Staff Scientist to ensure data is transferred properly for analysis. This is not a grant funded position, it is located in the Imaging Core which is funded chargebacks and institutional support.
Training for the imaging will be provided, no prior imaging experience is required.
- Responsible for imaging in vivo and in vitro samples and assistis in maintaining the instrument and the facility.
- Assists in backing up data and transferring data in a timely fashion for data analysis.
- Images mice using the specific imaging sequences determined by the Director.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the facility and upkeep of the instrument and associated equipment (physiological monitoring, anesthesia, etc).
- Assists the Director with IACUC and other inspections of the facility.
- Orders and ensures that daily supplies for imaging are stocked and not expired.
- Assists the Director in the maintenance of equipment which entails working with the vendor for annual maintenance and replacement parts.
- Assists the Director in navigating alarms that occur that could have impact on the integrity of the equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.