Senior Postdoctoral Researcher Position – Valitacell
Due to our continued expansion, we are seeking an Senior Postdoctoral Researcher to play a critical role in the advancement of Valitacell technologies. Valitacell are working to integrate their disruptive platform technologies (Quantum & ChemStress) into diverse manufacturing systems in combination with live cell imaging applications. The PDR will work with an interdisciplinary team of cell biologists, product development specialists, cell imaging and automation collaborators. They will be tasked with providing expertise in live cell imaging and life sciences instrumentation across multiple projects in mammalian cell biology, from cell line development in the production of biologics, to stem cell manufacturing for cell therapy.
The PDR’s main objectives will be to support Valitacell to:
• Develop and refine an advanced integrated imaging & analytic technology platform for the CLD industry and;
• Define Valitacell’s technological and innovation needs for the development of integrated imaging & analytic methods for the stem cell manufacturing industry.
The PDR will work in a cross-disciplinary team of product development scientists, product managers, sales and marketing, Industrial and Academic collaborators. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced researcher to engage with the biotechnology industry and drive the development of innovative technology solutions. They will become part of a fast-growing biotechnology company, working in a high energy environment at the forefront of technology development in Ireland. Business and Innovation management training will be provided at the UCD Michael Smurfit Business School, and salary is in line with IUA Senior Research Fellow (Level 4) guidelines.
• Developing and managing the project innovation strategy, in line with Valitacell objectives and business strategy,
• Identifying the optimal specifications for the development of integrated platforms across CLD and Cell manufacturing systems,
• Provide technical expertise in the development of an integrated platform prototype,
• Provide technical expertise in the implementation of the platform prototype in company trials,
• Develop literature/protocols for the optimal use of the prototype,
• Identify the optimal manufacturing specifications for the platform and,
• Designing research projects to develop integrated imaging & analytic methods for the stem cell manufacturing industry.
Key Qualifications & Skills
• Senior researcher with a PhD in Life Sciences or Engineering
• At least 4+ years experience post-doctoral or industry relevant experience
• Specialist knowledge of Live cell imaging systems
• Life Sciences instrumentation and automation experience is ideal
• Innovative and able to find pragmatic solutions to problems
• Experience in image processing
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a team
• Desire to develop business and commercial knowledge
• Applicant must be in compliance with transnational mobility criteria as defined in the mobility rule of the Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions (MSCA).
Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspired, skilled individual to join our multi-disciplinary team. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience – please apply now by sending a detailed C.V. to email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!