The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute located at the heart of a renowned Plant Biotechnology campus in Ghent, Belgium. Its mission is to unravel plant biological processes and translate this knowledge into value for society.
The Systems Biology of Yield group, headed by Dirk Inzé and Hilde Nelissen at PSB are looking for a senior postdoc for 5 years. The position will be funded by an ERC advanced grant (BREEDIT), awarded to Dirk Inzé, to develop a novel breeding strategy using multiplex genome editing in maize.
The successful candidate will coordinate the BREEDIT project by taking the lead in communication and reporting, as well as maize physiology and phenotyping.
- Candidates must hold a PhD in Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or equivalent by experience.
- Experienced in collaborative research, project management and planning, guiding people and meticulous reporting.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving capacity, interpersonal skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities to handle a diverse workload are required.
- Experience with maize physiology and phenotyping, genome editing, crop biotechnology or quantitative genetics is desirable
- Team player with a positive and enthusiastic personality, pro-active, good communication skills, proficient in oral and written English.
A 5-year postdoctoral position from September 1st 2019 with an internationally competitive salary and benefits. The researcher will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and services and be part of a highly collaborative and supportive working environment. Various training and leadership opportunities are possible to broaden your expertise and skills
How to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB application tool. Be sure it includes:
- A detailed CV
- The names and contact details of three references
- A 1-page letter of intent describing how your research experiences and interests are aligned with this job offer.
Emailed applications will not be considered
What to expect?
The first review of applicants will begin on May 21st 2019. Selected applicants will be invited for interviews. Applications are welcome until the position is filled.