Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is looking for extraordinary people to join its extraordinary mission: to revolutionise the way new medicines are discovered.
All our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our drug discovery operations. We are now adding key appointments to our group – Senior Medicinal Chemistry. Reporting to the Director, US Medicinal Chemistry, this position is integral in building and delivering the Company’s drug discovery pipeline as it executes the next phase
You will have the opportunity to
- Serve as Chemistry lead on multiple drug discovery projects by collaborating with the computational design team to build a chemistry and design strategy, and flow scheme, that aligns with the project TPP. You share the responsibility to deliver of target lead and candidate milestones.
- As chemistry lead, collaborate with design team members to iteratively identify new target compounds based on biological, ADME and computation data to drive compound optimization.
- Develop relationships with key CROs or collaborators to coordinate compound synthesis, characterization and submission, with external chemistry resources to ensure timeline adherence and project alignment with company goals.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with the computational platform and design teams to drive development and improvement of computational tools that enable and drive compound design.
What will you bring to the role?
- >5 years experience of industrial medicinal chemistry
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- Willingness to apply algorithmic-derived compound designs
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- A PhD in Chemistry, Computational Sciences or a related field.
- 8+ years’ experience in a drug discovery environment with a demonstrable track record of optimizing small molecules to drug candidates, across different target classes.
- Domain knowledge in traditional organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry principles, and modern computational chemistry approaches to compound design.
- Demonstrable experience and involvement with late-stage pre-clinical projects.
- Domain knowledge in medicinal computational chemistry and or structure based drug design.
What can you expect from us?
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven drug discovery.
- The ability to strongly influence the strategic direction of a growing AI organization with world class technical and scientific leaders.
- An opportunity to grow your career at the interface of paradigm shifting artificial intelligence and compound optimization to drive drug discovery.
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture.
- A highly competitive compensation package to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
Exscientia embraces equal opportunity and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community where everybody feels welcome. We welcome applications from all people regardless of background. If you’re looking for a new challenge within an exciting environment at the forefront of AI. then please apply today to learn more!