The Candiolo Cancer Institute is a private non-profit institution operated by the Fondazione del Piemonte per l’Oncologia (FPO) and endorsed by the Italian Ministry of Health as an IRCCS (Institute for Scientific Research and Care) for its scientific activity. It is situated in a spacious green-field site just outside Turin in north-western Italy nearby the Alps. Turin is the main city of the Piedmont region and is a center for culture and technological innovation.
The FPO-IRCCS Institute is a modern 56.000-square-meter building and combines a strong commitment to personalized patient care with cancer research and clinical strengths of a highly regarded medical center.
FPO-IRCCS is seeking a Senior Group Leader to pursue basic and translational research in the fiel of Skin cancer/melanoma
We are looking for an outstanding, highly motivated person with a PhD and/or MD degree and post-doctoral training in a relevant area of Skin cancer/melanoma who intends to establish a competitive independent research group.
The new Group Leader will benefit from an attractive interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary environment with various associated research teams in force in the Candiolo Cancer Institute and the Department of Oncology, University of Turin and the Italian Institute of Genomic Medicine.
We offer an international competitive salary, a fully equipped laboratory and access to state of the art technology in biomedical research. A budget will be also allocated for consumables, services and staff recruitment, depending on the score of the research project. The successful candidate is expected to raise financial support from national and international funding agencies.
Applicants must provide a record of scientific excellence and will develop a strong and exciting research program.
As a Principal Investigator, you will:
o Establish a competitive independent research group
o Take direct responsibility for completion of your research projects
o Participate in scientific meetings and progress reports
o Actively participate and further develop our processes of selecting excellent postdoctoral fellows and PhD candidates.
- PhD-level (or equivalent) with postdoctoral research experience and a track record of scientific excellence documented by publication and funding track records
- At least 5 years as Principal Investigator in leading Institutes
- Excellent skills in development and performance of innovative Basic and Traslational medically-inspired research in the field of Skin cancer/melanoma that can ultimately be translated into better diagnostics and therapeutics
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary mindset
- Initial 3-year contract with the perspective of 2 year extension
- Competitive startup package including your Principal Investigator salary, a fully equipped laboratory, a budget for consumables, facility services in-house and through our collaborating institutes
- Access to a state-of-the-art infrastructure environment
- Support in formulating your most competitive grant ideas (including ERC), and securing additional renowned national and international third-party funding to grow your lab
Enquires and applications should be submitted electronically to the follow email-address by December 27th , 2020: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should contain the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- A brief description of past achievements and future research plan in the field of Skin cancer/melanoma
- Contact information for at least three letters of reference