For its cellular pharmacology laboratory in the Pivot Park in Oss, The Netherlands, Lead Pharma is looking to recruit an experienced
(Senior) group leader Cellular Pharmacology
(F/M) Full Time
You will be a member of a diverse and innovative group of scientists discovering and developing new chemical entities for the treatment of various diseases in the therapy areas immunology and oncology.
· Act as a subject matter expert for cell biological methods and technologies
· Day to day management of our cellular pharmacology team
· Support colleagues with experimental design and approach
· Develop and nurture a high-performing team
· Liaise with project leaders to contribute in vitro and in vivo pharmacology expertise to project teams
· Contribute to translational activities, progressing projects into (pre-)clinical development
· Member of our leadership team and contribute actively to the business atmosphere/corporate culture/company policy
· Directly report to the CSO
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong background in cellular pharmacology with an operational mindset.
· Ph.D. in cell biology, pharmacology or a related field, ideally along with >3 years’ experience in an industry setting
· Deep understanding of oncology or immunology
· Familiarity or direct experience with developing functional cellular assays in oncology or immunology
· Experience with in vitro and in vivo pharmacology in an industrial setting
· Experience with translational medicine, e.g. biomarker identification
· Strong public track record, evident from e.g. papers, patents, conference presentations, contributions to industrial projects
· Experience with managing and developing a small team of scientists
· Intrinsically motivated, pro-active personality
· Attention to quality and detail
· Excellent communication skills in English and/or in Dutch
• Experience with identification and validation of novel targets
• Relevant experience in an industrial setting, working in a regulated industry, utilizing SOPs, and templated documentation
Lead Pharma is a small pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics against cancer and autoimmune diseases. The company has developed a platform to identify and develop innovative small molecule drugs and has unparalleled expertise in the discovery and optimization of novel chemotypes.
Lead Pharma has an attractive pipeline of first-in-class and best-in-class projects in various stages of research and development varying from target selection through to pre-clinical development. Lead Pharma has the ambition to expand its capabilities to cover all R&D stages up to and including early clinical development.
The company has acquired state-of-the-art research laboratories and has a team of 30 employees closely collaborating in different areas of expertise.