Key Result Areas
- Collaborate with medical staff at QBB to design related policies and procedures
- Provide counseling to QBB participants receiving genomic reports
- Interpret results and communicate findings to referral physicians
- Work with treating physicians to analyze genetic results to identify patients and families at risk for specific disorders or syndromes
- Help in the design and content of genomic reports delivered
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of a computerized participant information system for the genetic counseling service.
- Help develop materials for the genetic counseling service, including letters, website related content, and patient brochures.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field & 8-10 years of relevant full-time work experience, 3 of which at a supervisory level
- Qualifications / Education in an accredited Genetic Counselling program
- 4-6 years of experience in Genetic Counselling, and it is preferred to have an experience in genomic reports
- Demonstrated experience in clinical genetics, cytogenetic and molecular genetics coupled with psychosocial theory, ethics and counselling techniques
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic, English is a plus.
- Previous experience in a similar culture is preferred.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications