Do you have strong experience and skills in Epidemiology? Then Astellas has an interesting job opportunity for you.
Senior Epidemiology Director
Leiden, full time
Your job as a Senior Epidemiology Director
As Senior Director Epidemiology within our Pharmacovigilance department, you contribute to the strategic leadership of the Pharmacovigilance (PV) Epidemiology function within the PV Division at Astellas. As Senior Director, you make key contributions in the following areas: development and execution of PV Epidemiology functional strategy, strategic leadership and implementation of non-interventional post-authorization safety studies, process excellence, and driving innovation in the value-added application of Epidemiology in PV and M&D. The PV Epidemiology Vision is to bring our unique epidemiologic skills to gain rapid insights from real-world data to increase efficiencies and drive innovation in pharmacovigilance and drug development for the betterment of patients. As Senior Director Epidemiology you play an important role in aiding PV Epidemiology to deliver on its Mission and realize its Vision. You are responsible for:
Contributing to the strategic focus for pharmacoepidemiology and healthcare database insights & studies to support portfolio- and product-related regulatory-associated questions in both the pre- and post-marketing setting
Taking a lead on more complex regulatory-orientated NI-PASS
- Providing methodological expertise in observational research to PV and partners across M&D
- Supporting delivery of high scientific quality, cross-portfolio Epidemiology deliverables
- Developing and implementing strategies to assess & optimize product safety using Real World Evidence
- Utilizing advanced pharmacoepidemiology tools and methods for safety signal investigations
- Driving PV Epidemiology innovations in partnerships, deliverables and methodological approaches
- Ensuring that Epidemiology activities comply with regulatory obligations worldwide
- Playing a leadership role in PV and M&D, including contributing to & potentially leading change initiatives
- Identifying new opportunities to bring state-of-the-art epidemiology developments to our company work in developing new products and in ensuring appropriate use of our products for value to patients
Your personal qualifications as a Senior Epidemiology Director
- PhD in Epidemiology or related field (or equivalent, eg 1st author scientific publications)
- At least 10 years pharmaceutical/health-related industry experience; at least 10 years Epidemiology research experience
- Key leadership responsibilities in previous roles, with evidence of success
- Proven strategic leadership in epidemiology and NI-PASS
- Extensive working knowledge of PV regulations and guidelines, including US, ICH and EU regulations
As Senior Epidemiology Director, you have a sophisticated understanding of quantitative methods and outstanding ability to interpret and communicate quantitative evidence. You also have extensive working knowledge of PV regulations and guidelines, including US, ICH and EU regulations. Next to this you are able to deliver quality proposals, scientific protocols, reports and input. As Senior Epidemiology, you are an experienced problem-solver, explores alternatives, and proposes quality solutions. You also have excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills in English. In addition you have the ability to work and influence effectively in teams, across cultures and functions, and at all levels including top executive management
A challenging job opportunity in an international setting;
Inspiring and dynamic work climate within a complex matrix-organization;
A wide scope of departments, from Research & Development to the commercial activities of Astellas;
Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- a 13th month
- excellent pension policy
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 Holidays + 13 so called ADV Days
- and more….
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognized as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring we are a highly effective organization that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 17,000 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,500 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Interested? Please apply via the ‘Apply’ button.