At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
You would like to play an active part in doing now what patients need next ?
Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) is a global function within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). We enable discovery and early development of drug candidates in a rich portfolio of small molecules, large molecules, oligonucleotides and gene therapies in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, ophthalmology, rare and infectious diseases. We are currently moving over 150 projects through the value chain.
As DMPK-PD Leaders in PS, we provide innovative DMPK and translational PK/PD strategies to the entire pRED portfolio, bridging from in-silico and in-vitro systems or pre-clinical species into humans, from early discovery all the way through to registration and beyond. We are a multinational group and our working language is English.
We are looking to expand our team !
In this role your main responsibilities are to:
- Be a key contributor to aid the selection and timely development of new drug candidates, through close interaction with therapeutic areas and affiliated non-clinical, clinical and regulatory functions
- Represent PS in project teams and with accountability for optimal design and execution of DMPK and PK/PD strategies from discovery to entry into human.
- Lead a team of PS Experts to provide integrated discovery and translational strategies to the pRED portfolio
- Represent PS at internal and external committees,Global Health Authority meetings and Due diligence teams
- Integrate knowledge and lead comprehensive investigations of all DMPK-PD related activities including strategic planning, designing of studies and data integration into phase transition and regulatory documents.
- Identify potential DMPK, PK/PD and safety related hurdles to drug development, design contingency plans and communicate solutions
- Scout and pioneer new paradigms and technologies in close collaboration with internal and external partners
Additional responsibilities could include:
- Scientific and people leadership and/or oversight of a disease area portfolio
- Mentoring of DMPK scientists and team members
- Lead or provide support to inter- and intra-departmental initiatives keeping us at the forefront of our science
As the successful candidate for this highly demanding strategic role, you have a strong foundation in a relevant scientific discipline with several years of post- doctoral experience. In particular, we appreciate the following
- Experience in design and delivery of PK/PD strategies
- Good Knowledge of PK/PD and the application of Modeling & Simulation in drug discovery and development
- Good Knowledge of the mechanisms of large molecule disposition and Immunogenicity
- Solid understanding of mechanisms of action of biotherapeutics, pharmacology and immunology
- A good understanding of methodologies of Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity assessment and biomarkers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong matrix leadership capabilities and collaborative attitude
- Excellent communicator in English, able to convey complex matters in a concise and engaging way
- Working knowledge of visualization and modeling tools such as Spotfire, Phoenix WinNonlin, Berkley Madonna
Who you are:
You are curious and passionate about bringing drugs to patients with pragmatism and scientific rigour.
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.