Senior Development Editor, Secondary Portfolio
London or Madrid
Closing date: 12th April 2020
We are seeking a Senior Development Editor to join the Language Learning team at Macmillan Education
The role of the Senior Development Editor works within a publishing project team and has day-to-day responsibility for content development from initial writing brief to publication, ensuring that all material is of an appropriate quality and fully aligned to the publishing vision of the Commissioning Editor and Publisher. The role involves some commissioning of key items, extensive liaison with overseas markets, content production and content delivery teams to create material which meets the needs of the key audience and is published on schedule and within budget.
Collaboration with the Commissioning Editor, as well as Publishing Services, BPO, Sales and Marketing, and Production stakeholders is vital in ensuring the publishing meets the needs of the key audience and is aligned with pre-press investment.
Experience, skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Knowledge of ELT markets and the Secondary Segment
• Appreciation for a wide international range of teaching and learning situations
• Awareness of publishing processes and how they impact manuscript development, and time and cost implications
• Attention to detail, quality control and an ability to engage with content at the highest level
• Experience of working with a range of new media and digital projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent team-working and organisational skills
• A positive attitude and commitment to aims of the company
• Demonstrable ELT teaching experience, preferably in a secondary setting
• Excellent written English
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Formal ELT/TEFL qualification
• Knowledge of a second language is desirable
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and results focused individual to be part of our publishing team. We value character as well as skills – people with a passion to be the best they can be and the desire to make our company bigger, better and more exciting. It’s the people who make Macmillan Education so successful, so why not join us?
We offer 25 days holiday a year, career development and training, a competitive salary, season ticket loans, private healthcare, a contributory pension scheme, local discounts, and a range of other benefits.
For more information on this position or careers within the Macmillan group, please visit www.macmillaneducation.com.
To apply please upload a CV in English and a cover letter in English, including details of your salary expectations and segment experience.