The Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area in Sanofi is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking a highly motivated computational scientist to lead in silico analytical projects for patients stratification and novel target identification in the fields of Type 2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type 1 Diabetes, Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the Precision Immunology Cluster. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the development and application of bio statistical, computational and machine learning methods to solve biological problems, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to learn and acquire new techniques and methodologies.
The candidate is expected to lead and execute analytical projects and develop analytical strategies for the identification of novel therapeutic targets, the discovery of predictive biomarkers for patients’ stratification, and analysis of molecular, real-world and clinical data to assess drug (re-)positioning opportunities.
This exciting role will afford talented data scientists the opportunity to translate their data-driven developments and ideas into novel therapeutic hypotheses.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Lead projects to Identify candidate therapeutic targets and biomarkers for immunology, through integrated analysis of high-throughput molecular data, real-world data and clinical phenotypes
- Explore opportunities to re-position existing drugs in novel indications
- Collaborate with wet-lab and computational scientific teams and champion projects from discovery to early clinical development.
- Develop innovative and creative computational approaches to understand complex immune conditions using multi-dimensional –omics and clinical data
- Establish interactions with collaborators within and outside the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area.
- Prepare publications, research and clinical/regulatory documentation in accordance with Sanofi quality standards.
- PhD or MS in computational biology, computer science, statistics, or a related quantitative science field with 4+ years (6+ for MS) of project-based work in computational/quantitative data analysis in biology-related fields
- Strong coding experience in R and/or Python
- Proficiency in using modern machine learning methods, causal inference and biostatistics
- Strong interest in biology and immunological diseases, liaise with scientists from Immunology and Inflammation to help define and address biological questions with computational and analytical approaches
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive and explanatory algorithms to identify novel biomarkers, dissect gene/disease relationships and generate hypotheses
- Experience with Big Datasets and Data Integration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills