Are you an expert in Translational Medicine and Biomarkers?
Do you have experience in drug development and a deep knowledge and practical experience in pathology in the biomarker space?
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join the global department Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP) at our site in Biberach, Germany. TMCP is accountable for bringing clinical development compounds across all therapeutic areas to the early clinical development milestone of Proof-of-Clinical-Principle (PoCP) by applying state-of-the-art biomarker and translational approaches.
Are you looking for a new professional challenge? If so, seize the opportunity and apply as Senior Clinical Biomarker Lead Pathology.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- As Senior Clinical Biomarker Lead, you support drug development projects in the transition from research to clinical development and up to clinical phase III, including submission, by providing your scientific and clinical expertise in pathology in the context of biomarker development.
- You elaborate on biomarker strategies with respect to histological biomarkers, their pathological assessments for clinical development and the appropriate representation in relevant documents and meetings/committees.
- Furthermore, you support and contribute to the discovery, translation, clinical fit-for-purpose validation, implementation, evaluation and reporting of clinical (tissue-based) biomarkers in close collaboration with the Clinical Biomarker Lead Histology.
- You lead and coordinate effectively biomarker prevalence studies in oncology with support of the medicine therapeutic area and use histological methodologies developed in collaboration with the Clinical Biomarker Lead Histology.
- In addition, you provide scientific expertise for state-of-the-art pathology biomarkers for discovery and clinical development with a focus on oncology.
- You secure the successful implementation of imaging based biomarker strategies in clinical trials and translational studies (e.g. multiplex assays) by supporting the validation of new scoring systems using digital image analysis approaches.
- In close collaboration with other early clinical development functions, you ensure that the biomarker data package enables PoCP and supports the Target Product Profile.
- You act as connector and establish a network with other pathologists on biomarker project activities.
- Pathology-board-certified Pathologist/ MD, with postdoctoral training and/or research/clinical experience in the fields of tumor histopathology and molecular biology. Knowledge in cancer immunology would be a plus
- Expertise in clinical pathology and demonstrated proficiency in interpreting and scoring IHC markers and a track record of publication
- Good knowledge of modern pathology laboratory tissue-based technologies, including assay-development, trouble-shooting and Interpretation
- Experience dealing with clinical trial samples and human tissue samples for research Projects
- Sound knowledge of clinical drug development and regulatory guidance
- Knowledge in companion diagnostic development would be plus
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and in close collaboration with the Biomarker Lead Histology
- Collaborative, self-directed, with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to project opinions and knowledge with confidence, authority, respect and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of BI colleagues and external Partners
- The international nature of the task requires excellent English – both spoken and written
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training Options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Health center with occupational Medicine
- Long-term account
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-186083
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.