At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Are you an expert in Translational Medicine and Biomarkers?
Do you have experience in drug development and a deep knowledge and practical experience in advanced histology applications and technologies?
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join the global department Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP) at our site in Biberach, Germany. TMCP is accountable for bringing clinical development compounds across all therapeutic areas to the early clinical development milestone of Proof-of-Clinical-Principle (PoCP) by applying state-of-the-art biomarker and translational approaches.
Are you looking for a new professional challenge? If so, seize the opportunity and apply as (Senior) Clinical Biomarker Lead – Histology.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In this role, you support the discovery and driving of the clinical translation of histologic biomarkers.
- You provide expertise to act as a consultant for clinical applications of advanced histology applications and technologies.
- Apart from that, the successful implementation of biomarker strategies in clinical trials and translational studies will also be one of your tasks.
- Furthermore, you will collaborate with internal laboratories, as well as with contract research organizations on all aspects of biomarker analytics. This includes method development, method transfer, fit-for-purpose validation and oversight of clinical study measurements.
- You evaluate and report clinical biomarker assays.
- In close collaboration with other early clinical development functions, you ensure that the biomarker data package enables PoCP and supports the Target Product Profile.
- As expert, you support experimental medicine studies and/or projects with analytical expertise in collaboration with internal or external partners.
- Using your networking skills, you establish a network of academic and industrial partners to ensure a continuous exchange about biomarker methodology and endpoints across projects.
- PhD (in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine, Biotechnology or related subjects) with a strong record of accomplishment of independent clinical/research activities with long term postdoctoral or equivalent working experience
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in advanced histology applications and technologies such as immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization including RNAscope, and the use of virtual image analysis, ideally in the setting of clinical trials
- Credible knowledge of and experience with biomarkers in drug development with an understanding of clinical biomarker applications, evaluation and analysis of biomarker data and their linkage to pathophysiology and clinical endpoints
- Clinical experience (including GCP) within the area of histologic biomarkers in one or more of the therapeutic areas Oncology, Immunology & Inflammation, Metabolism, Cardiovascular or Respiratory Diseases
- Innovative mindset to evaluate cutting-edge technology and analytical platforms
- Excellent leadership skills, successfully proven in project team settings, and proven ability to deliver results
- Able to project opinions and knowledge with confidence, authority, respect and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of BI colleagues and external partners
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (7351) 54-186083
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.