Are you an expert in Translational Medicine and Biomarkers?
Do you have experience in drug development and a deep knowledge and practical experience in advanced immunoassay analytics and flow cytometry?
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join the global department Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP) at our site in Biberach, Germany. TMCP is accountable for bringing clinical development compounds across all therapeutic areas to the early clinical development Milestone Proof-of-Clinical-Principle (PoCP) by applying state-of-the-art biomarker and translational approaches.
Are you looking for a new professional challenge? If so, seize the opportunity and apply as (Senior) Clinical Biomarker Lead – Cellular and Protein Biomarkers.
Tasks & Responsibilities as Clinical Biomarker Lead
As Clinical Biomarker Lead, you support drug development projects in the transition from research to clinical development and up to clinical phase III, including submission, by providing your expertise for cellular and protein biomarkers.
- You support the discovery and drive the clinical translation of proteomic and cellular biomarkers.
- By using appropriate concepts and relevant methodology, you ensure the successful implementation of biomarker strategies in clinical trials and translational studies.
- You collaborate with internal labs as well as with contract research organizations on all aspects of biomarker analytics, including method development, method transfer, fit-for-purpose validation and oversight of clinical study measurements.
- As expert, you evaluate and report clinical biomarker assays.
- In close collaboration with other early clinical development functions, you ensure that the biomarker data package enables PoCP and supports the Target Product Profile.
- With your analytical expertise, you support experimental medicine studies and/or projects in collaboration with internal and external partners.
- You act as connector and establish a network of academic and industrial partners to ensure a continuous exchange about biomarker methodology and endpoints across projects.
As Senior Clinical Biomarker Lead, you furthermore have the following responsibilities
- With your deep knowledge, you act as a consultant for clinical applications of multi-color flow cytometry and/or advanced immunoassay platforms.
- PhD (in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine, Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry or related subjects) with a strong record of accomplishment of independent clinical/research activities
- Several years of postdoctoral or equivalent working experience
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in advanced immunoassay analytics and flow cytometry including multicolor immunophenotyping, ideally in the setting of clinical trials
- Clinical experience (including GCP) within the area of cellular and protein biomarkers in one or more of the therapeutic areas Oncology, Immunology & Inflammation, Metabolism, Cardiovascular or Respiratory Diseases
- Innovative mindset to evaluate cutting-edge technology and analytical platforms
- Collaborative, self-directed, with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to project opinions and knowledge with confidence, authority, respect and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of BI colleagues and external Partners
- The international nature of the task requires excellent English – both spoken and written
Additional requirements for a Senior Position
- Appropriate scientific and analytical qualification, including working experience in a pharmaceutical or diagnostic company or as an independent academic Researcher
- Credible knowledge of and experience with biomarkers in drug development with an understanding of clinical biomarker applications, evaluation and analysis of biomarker data and their linkage to pathophysiology and clinical endpoints
- Excellent leadership skills, successfully proven in project team settings, and proven ability to deliver results
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training Options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Health center with occupational Medicine
- Long-term account
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-186083
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
Job - Research & Development
Primary Location - Europe-DE-Baden Wuerttemberg-Biberach
Organization - DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH&Co.KG (Germany)
Schedule - Full-time