Do you have deep knowledge and practical experience in bioinformatics in the context of clinical biomarkers?
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join the global department Translational Medicine & Clinical Pharmacology (TMCP) at our site in Biberach, Germany. TMCP is accountable for bringing clinical development compounds across all therapeutic areas to the early clinical development milestone of Proof-of-Clinical-Principle (PoCP) by applying state-of-the-art biomarker and translational approaches.
Are you looking for a new professional challenge? If so, seize the opportunity and apply as (Senior) Clinical Bioinformatics Lead.
Tasks & Responsibilities as Clinical Bioinformatics Lead
- As Clinical Bioinformatics Lead, you support drug development projects in the transition from research to clinical development and up to clinical phase III, including submission, by providing your expertise in bioinformatics for the successful implementation of our clinical biomarker strategies.
- In your new role, you work in close collaborations with wet-lab and project scientists from Translational Medicine, Computational Biology in research, statistics, programming, data management and IT to deliver bioinformatics expertise to support the biomarker assessments in our clinical drug development programs & trials across all of BIs therapeutic areas.
- As a subject matter expert, you ensure the best use of pre-clinical and clinical omics data sets to support the implementation of biomarker strategies and to enable a better characterization of patient populations.
- By using state-of-the-art computational biology approaches, you analyze and integrate complex biological and large-scale multi-omics data.
- By developing and establishing new analysis strategies in the field of omics data, network biology and machine learning you aim to push boundaries to detect new biomarker opportunities.
- With your expertise, you ensure the application of appropriate quality standards (e.g. GCP and respective documentation).
As Senior Clinical Bioinformatics Lead, you furthermore have the following responsibilities
- You are responsible for the conduct of all bioinformatics analyses in respective clinical trials including the alignment with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology or a related Life Sciences degree combined with proven experience in the field of Computational Biology and Genomics
- Several years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent working experience in the field of Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
- Excellent oversight on state-of-the-art computational biology methods and data sources to support drug development programs with a focus on biomarker and translational aspects
- Experience in the analysis of complex biomarker data sets (e.g. gene expression data from mi/m/to/scRNA-Seq or nCounter (NanoString), genotyping data, mutations/aberrations in cancer from DNA- and RNA-Seq, proteomics or metabolomics data); experience in pipelining systems is a plus (e.g. NextFlow)
- Profound knowledge of statistics and quantitative data Analysis
- Demonstrated skills to collect, integrate, analyze and visualize complex and large omics data sets; experience in the field of integrative data analysis and machine learning is a plus
- Robust coding skills, including solid experience in R/Bioconductor and at least in one additional scripting/programming language
- Experience using the Linux shell and utilities as well as local and cloud-based HPC Systems
- Practical knowledge in the design, setup and usage of database Systems
- Experience in software development, the validation of computer systems and working in a regulated environment is a plus
- Strong goal- as well as team-oriented working style, excellent organizational and communication skills as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to project opinions and knowledge with confidence, authority, respect and diplomacy when interacting with all levels of BI colleagues and external Partners
- The international nature of the task requires excellent English – both spoken and written
Additional requirements for a Senior Position
- Appropriate scientific and individual qualification, including credible working experience in a pharmaceutical or diagnostic company or as an independent academic Researcher
- Profound experience in the analysis of biomarker data in a clinical/pharmaceutical context including the respective knowledge in statistics
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training Options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Health center with occupational Medicine
- Long-term account
Who we are
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-186083
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.